Advertisement for filling-up 08(eight) posts of Assistant Commandant(Veterinary) in SSB.( Last date for receipt of application is 31/8/2015)
Advertisement No.284/RC/SSB/AC (Vety.)/2015 /1792 … Dated: 17/07/2015
Applications are invited from Indian citizens (Male & Female) for filling up the vacancies of Assistant Commandant (Veterinary) Group-A, Gazetted (Combatised) (Non-Ministerial) in Sashastra Seema Bal, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The post is temporary, but likely to continue. Selected candidates shall be liable to serve anywhere in India or outside the territory of India and will be governed under SSB Act and Rules applicable to other members of the Force as the case may be. On appointment they shall be entitled for the pension benefits as per the “New Restructured Defined Contributory Pension Scheme” applicable for the new entrants to the Central Government Services w.e.f. 01-01-2004.
- VACANCIES: Total vacancies are 08 as per details given below:-
|Assistant Commandant (Veterinary)||05||03||–||–||–||08|
|(Male & Female )|
Note: – 1. Vacancies are subject to change.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in the country according to transfer policy of the Force.
- The recruitment will be conducted on All India basis.
- PAY: Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- per month plus other benefits like Dearness Allowances, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) at the rates prescribed by the Government from time to time.
- AGE: Male and female candidates between 23 to 35 years of age.
Note: The crucial date to determine age will be 31.08.2015. The candidates must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates as on 31.08.2015 the last date of receipt of application.
- There will be relaxation in age i.e. 3 years for OBC candidates.
- The upper age limit up of 05 years is relaxable in case of candidates already in Govt. service. Govt. employees/servants claiming age relaxation should be in possession of certificate in prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should not be less than 03 years in the immediate period preceding the closing date of receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Govt. servant/employee till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection. The candidate will have to produce NOC from his/her parent department at the time of applying for the post/recruitment in SSB.
(c) The Relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years shall also be admissible to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of J&K during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989. The candidate will have to produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector to claim such relaxation in age.
(d) Five years of age relaxation will also be granted to the children and dependent family members of those killed in the 1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat.
Children means (a) Son (including adopted son): or (b) Daughter (including adopted daughter)
Dependent family members means: (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Govt. servant who was wholly dependent on the Govt. servant at the time of his killing in the riot. The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age. Children and dependent family members of those killed in the riots (1984 riots 2002 communal riots of Gujarat) will also produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector.
(e) The above relaxation in age as mentioned in Para-4 (b) to (d) is in addition to relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates as per Govt. orders.
Note: Candidates claiming benefits under OBC category shall be in possession of certificate in accordance with Caste notified in the Central List. The certificate should be in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority empowered for the purpose. No other certificate will be accepted as proof.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
The candidate must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry or equivalent from a recognized University with registration in the Veterinary Council of India.
Note: Candidates not in possession of requisite educational qualification certificate or appearing in the examination/awaiting result/not in possession of certificate of registration from the Veterinary Council of India need not apply.
- PHYSICAL STANDARD:
The candidates should satisfy the minimum physical standards as under:
(a) For Male:
Height : 165 Cms.
Chest : 81 Cms. (Unexpanded)
86 Cms. (Expanded)
Weight : 50 Kgs. (Subject to the proportion of height)
(b) For Female:
Height : 157 Cms.
Chest : Not applicable
Weight : According to height but not less than 46 Kgs.
Note: 1. The minimum standard so far as it relates to height may be relaxed to 160 cms. for male and 152 cms for female candidates belonging to the races, namely, Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, persons hailing from Leh and Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North-Eastern States and the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- The minimum standard so far as it relates to height may be relaxed to 157.5 cms for male and 149.5 cms for female in respect of Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas.
- The minimum standard in so far as it relates to chest measurements may be relaxed to 79-84 cms for men having height 160 cms belonging to hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North-Eastern States and 77 cms unexpanded and 82 expanded for Adivasis or Tribals or those having 157.5 cms.
- Medical Standard:
Eye sight (with or without glasses)
|Distant vision||Near Vision|
The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose Veins, squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision. The candidates will be tested for colour vision by Ishahara’s test as well as Edrich-Green Lantern test. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
- FEE PAYABLE & MODE OF PAYMENT:
- The General/OBC category candidates will have to pay examination fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty only). Since vacancies are meant for General and OBC categories only, candidates of SC and ST categories who fulfill the eligibility criteria for general category may also apply for General category. Examination fee is exempted for SC/ST & female candidates.
- The candidates should pay the fee through Bank Draft (Non refundable) in favour of PAO,
SSB, MHA New Delhi, payable at State Bank of India, R.K. Puram, New Delhi (Branch Code- 01076).
- APPLICATIONS: –
The last date for receipt of applications is 08.2015. However the closing date for receipt of applications (by post) for the candidates from North-Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh Division, Kashmir of J&K State and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the Lakshadweep will be 07.09.2015.
(b)The candidates may utilize the application in the format given in this advertisement. Eligible and desirous candidates should send their application form duly filled in on the prescribed format addressed to
Inspector General(Pers), Force Hqr, SSB, East Block-V, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066 so as to reach on or before the last date of receipt of applications. The cover containing applications must be superscribed in block letters as ‘APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT COMMANDANT (VETERINARY)-2015’.
Candidates who are already employed in a Govt. Organization should apply through their employers & forward application with “No Objection Certificate” from their department. The individual will have to certify that on being selected, he/she will resign his/her previous job.
- The candidate must send the following documents with his/her application:-
- Certified true copy of the matriculation or equivalent certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Certified true copy of certificate of Bachelor Degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry or equivalent from a recognized University with registration in the Veterinary Council of India and of any other higher education if any as mentioned in Para-5.
- Certified true copy of caste certificate in case of OBC candidates.
- Two identical recent passport (size 3.5 x 4.5) photographs duly attested by Gazetted Officer, one should be pasted on the application form(Annexure-I) and the other on Admit Card copy(Annexure-II).
(v) Two self-addressed stamped envelopes (Rs.25/-) each of 11.5 cms. x 27.5 cms size. (vi) Demand Draft for Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty) only.
(vii)Questionnaire form (Annexure-V). (viii) Domicile certificate.
Note:-West Pakistani Refugees settled in J&K will have to provide copy of certificate issued by Sarpanch/Numberdar of a candidate’s village to the effect that the person belonged to the West Pakistani Refugees Category along-with a copy of Electoral Roll showing the name of candidate in the voters list for elections to the Parliamentary Constituency (as they do not enjoy voting rights to the State Legislative Assembly).
- Certificate to claim relaxation in age by the candidate whose family members were killed in the riots(1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat).
- Scrutiny of applications and issue of admit cards: In terms of requisite eligibility conditions, the application will be scrutinized and eligible candidates will be issued admit card.
- In case large number of applications are received, SSB shall hold a written examination of two hours duration consisting of 100 multiple choice objective type questions of 200 marks to shortlist candidates for interview stage. The question paper will be of graduation level to assess knowledge of candidates in the subject of Veterinary Science. The qualifying marks in written examination will be 60 % for both General and OBC category.
- In case limited number of applications are received, SSB shall conduct interviews directly, followed by PST/Detailed Medical Examination and Review Medical Examination.
- Interview:- The candidates shall be called for interview who satisfy the eligibility criteria i.e. age, educational qualification etc and also qualify written examination in case it, becomes necessary. The qualifying marks in interview will be 50% for General and OBC category candidates.
- PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST & DETAILED MEDICAL EXAMINATION: The candidates who secure qualifying marks in written and interview will undergo Physical Standard Test (PST) and detailed medical examination.
Note:- (i) The number of candidates who will be called for medical examination will be 03 times the number of vacancies. Final merit will be prepared after the Review Medical Examination.
(ii)Mere presence and qualifying in the medical examination will not guaranty the right to the candidate for appointment.
- REVIEW MEDICAL EXAMINATION: The candidates declared unfit in detailed medical examination will be issued appeal forms for review medical examination. There shall be no appeal for review medical examination, against disqualification in physical standard test (PST).
- RESULT PROCESSING: The final category wise merit list of medically fit candidates will be prepared strictly on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in written examination and interview in accordance with DoP&T instructions.
- Application, which are not on, prescribed proforma or not accompanied by the required enclosure or incomplete shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are not required to submit any original certificate along with their application.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions & should be in possession of valid certificate on the cut-off date. If, on verification at any later stage, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature shall be rejected.
- SSB will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates except in the case of change of address sought by the candidates.
- The applications should reach at ARC on or before the closing date.
- Candidates should be physically &mentally fit for the duties in any area where SASHASTRA SEEMA BAL (SSB) is deployed.
NOTE: MERIT LIST WILL BE DRAWN AFTER REVIEW MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR FILLING UP 08 VACANCIES AS NOTIFIED ABOVE.
- PROBATION PERIOD:-
- Every person appointed to the post shall be on probation for a period of two years.
- In accordance with SSB Act & Rule-14, the Central Govt. if it thinks fit, for the reasons to be recorded in writing, extend the period of probation for such further period or periods not exceeding two years or may during the period of probation, terminate his/her services without assigning any reasons.
- (i) No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the prior permission of the Central Government in writing, be appointed under these rules:
Provided that nothing contained in this rule shall apply to the appointment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan in the Force.
- No person appointed to the posts shall be permitted to practice privately including consultancy and laboratory practice.
- No person will be granted extension in service beyond the age of superannuation.
- No person, who has more than one wife living or who having a spouse living marries in any case in which such marriage is void by reason of its taking place during the life time of such spouse, shall be eligible for appointment, enrolment, or employment in the Force.
- Any person subject to the Act, who contracts or enters into a second marriage during the life time of his first spouse shall render himself ineligible for retention in service and may be dismissed, removed or retired from service on ground of unsuitability;
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that there are sufficient grounds for so ordering, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GIVEN IN THIS ADVERTISEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND SHOULD THEREFORE BE TREATED AS GUIDELINES ONLY.